Retired Justice Harold R. Nsekela
Ethics Commissioner Wasifu
- GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE (GPN) FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2018 - 2019
- Integrity Pledge for Public Leaders
- SUPPLY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) EQUIPMENTS FOR ETHICS SECRETARIAT
- SUPPLY,INSTALLATION,CONFIGURATION,TESTING AND COMMISSIONING OF LOCAL AREA NETWORK
- Assets and Liabilities Declaration Forms for Public Leaders
Mandate and Functions
ES performs the following functions:-
- To receive and verify declarations of assets and liabilities which are required to be made by public leaders under the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania or any other law as per the identified time deadlines and composition rules.
- To receive allegations and notifications of breach of the Code of Ethics from members of the public.
- To conduct preliminary investigations into allegations or complaints against any public leader in relation to compliance to the Code.
- To report to the President with respect to matters relating to the ES’s jurisdiction under the Public Leadership Code of Ethics Act. No. 13 of 1995.
- To enter in the Register the particulars of Assets and Liabilities declared by Public Leaders.
- To conduct physical verification of Assets and Liabilities declared by Public Leaders
The mandate of the Ethics Secretariat is:-
- To receive and entertain all allegations in respect of any public leader, whether oral or written, from the members of public without inquiring as to the names and addresses of the persons who have made the allegations.
- To initiate and conduct any investigation in respect of breach of Ethics prescribed under the Act.
- To authorize any officer of the Secretariat, supported by a warrant issued by a Magistrate, to investigate any bank account of a public leader.
- To require any person to disclose or produce any information on accounts, documents or articles as may be required.
- To require a public leader suspected to have submitted a false declaration to confirm or amend the declaration.