Retired Justice Harold R. Nsekela
Ethics Commissioner Wasifu
Political Leaders Division
To ensure Ethical Conduct, Transparency and Accountability by Political Leaders is enhanced and openly discussed.
- To coordinate, register and analyze complaints and allegations against Political Leaders.
- To liaise with other institutions on good governance.
- To organize the distribution and receipt of Declaration Forms.
- Coordinate the perusal of Political Leaders Register of Interest, Assets and Liabilities declared by Political Leaders.
The Division has two Sections.
i. Ethics and Investigation Section; and
ii. Research and Statistics Section.
Ethics and Investigation Section
- Analyse and prepare report of assets and liabilities made by Political Leaders as per the identified time deadlines and composition rules;
- Undertake physical verification of declarations of assets and liabilities of Political Leaders;
- Coordinate investigations of allegations or complaints of the Code of Ethics against Political Leaders;
- Coordinate the perusal of Political Leaders Register of Interest, Assets and Liabilities declared by Political Leaders;
- Administer reception of allegations and notifications of breach of the Code of Ethics by Political Leaders from members of the Public; and;
- Conduct preliminary investigations into allegations or complaints against any Political Leaders in relation to compliance to the Code and advice accordingly.
Research and Statistics Section
- Identify and conduct research on the adherence of the Code of Conduct by Political Leaders;
- Prepare research reports and advice accordingly;
- Analyze data on complaints received on the breach of the Code of Conduct by Political Leaders and give recommendations; and
- Establish and update database related to Political Leaders and other related information.